Mocking Jay by Suzanne Collins
NEWSFLASH from the Scholastic blog, On Our Minds.
Hang onto your cheesy bread, because we’ve got major news today. Directly from Hunger Games Headquarters here at Scholastic (HGHQ for short), I hereby present to you the cover of the third book in the bestselling Hunger Games trilogy…
Obviously, I had to know more. So I asked the one and only David Levithan (VP Editorial Director, Scholastic) if he could share some top-secret things with me. The answer?
- Panem is not shaken up when District 9 is nominated for a best picture Oscar.
- At no point does President Snow utter the line, “This is Snowmageddon, baby.”
- Despite internet rumors to the contrary, it is not revealed that Cinna has been secretly designing outfits for a Capitol operative known as “Lady GaGa.”
- All rumors of a crossover appearance by Geronimo Stilton are false.
- In a tough editorial call, we decided not to have Katniss win the Hunger Games…only to be interrupted by Kanye West.
So – there you go. I guess this means you, me, and everyone else will have to wait until August 24th to find out what really happens. Sigh … August suddenly seems so far away.